Triphala has been prescribed for centuries for many remedies, but mainly as general body detoxifier or cases of constipation and colon stagnation.
This is actually known to be one of the safest remedies, simply because it does not induce dependence, which usually happens with most of laxative drugs. Not to mention that these leave aside important nutrients for the human body.
How does Triphala for constipation works?
- It stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes both in the stomach and intestine;
- The contraction of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract is being strengthened improving the peristaltic movement.
These actions make Triphala a great remedy for constipation. You should also know this is not all it does. The plant also helps detox the liver, kidneys and gallbladder.
Scientific studies have found that Triphala has:
- great antioxidant, antiinflamatory, antipyretic, analgesic, antibacterial, antistress, chemoprotective, anticancer effects and so many more;
- Incredible laxative property, the capacity to reduce gastric hyperacidity and it also improves appetite.
How to use Triphala as constipation remedy? (suggested doses)
- 2 to 3 grams of Triphala powder mixed in a glass with water taken in the evening – this is the dosage if you do not have constipation, but the tendancy to be often constipated or with indigestion. Look at it as a preventive treatment.
- 3 to 5 grams of powder, which need to be divided in 2-3 doses and taken throughout the day if you are currently suffering of constipation. With this dosage, you should see the laxative effect within 2 to 4 days. We Recommend:
Take a look to Triphala dosage before using it. If you decide to take the easy way and use tablets, we recommend:
- 4 to 6 tablets for the first case, if you are not constantly constipated, not often. You can take 2 tablets 3 times a day, for example;
- 6 to 10 tablets if you are constantly constipated. You can divide the doses in 2 or 3 throughout the day. You can buy USDA organic certified Triphala tablets. We Recommend:
|Organic India Triphala, 90-Count|
Top 3 Natural Remedies for Constipation