Triphala has been prescribed for centuries for many remedies, but mainly as general body detoxifier or cases of constipation and colon stagnation.
This is actually known to be one of the safest remedies, simply because it does not induce dependence, which usually happens with most of the laxative drugs. Not to mention that these leave aside important nutrients for the human body.
How does Triphala for constipation works?
- It stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes both in the stomach and intestine;
- The contraction of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract is being strengthened improving the peristaltic movement.
These actions make Triphala a great remedy for constipation. You should also know this is not all it does. The plant also helps detox the liver, kidneys, and gallbladder.
Scientific studies have found that Triphala has:
- great antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic, antibacterial, antistress, chemoprotective, anticancer effects and so many more;
- Incredible laxative property, the capacity to reduce gastric hyperacidity and it also improves appetite.
How to use Triphala as constipation remedy? (suggested doses)
- 2 to 3 grams of Triphala powder mixed in a glass with water taken in the evening – this is the dosage if you do not have constipation, but the tendency to be often constipated or with indigestion. Look at it as a preventive treatment.
- 3 to 5 grams of powder, which need to be divided into 2-3 doses and taken throughout the day if you are currently suffering from constipation. With this dosage, you should see the laxative effect within 2 to 4 days.
- 4 to 6 tablets for the first case, if you are not constantly constipated, not often. You can take 2 tablets 3 times a day, for example;
- 6 to 10 tablets if you are constantly constipated. You can divide the doses in 2 or 3 throughout the day. You can buy USDA organic certified Triphala tablets.
What we recommend is to try different doses in order to find the best effect for you. You can start at the lower end of the scale and after a couple of days increase the dose, if you did not get the result you needed. Also, for your own safety, you should address to a doctor before trying any Triphala products.